Arguably one of the greatest silhouettes in all of footwear, the Air Jordan 11 is put on a pedestal by both sneakerheads and Jordan Brand as the house that MJ built brings us a retro release every holiday season. Previous years saw the introduction of new colorways like the “Jubilee” which celebrated the model's 25th Anniversary, but for Holiday 2023, the coveted Air Jordan 11 Retro DMP is being honored with the "Gratitude" colorway.
Taking on a very similar construction and color scheme to the “Concord” colorway, the silhouette maintains its patent leather construction while the Cordura mesh is being replaced with leather. Contrary to early reports, the upcoming Jordan 11 Gratitude will resemble the OG pair of DMPs from 2006 with a metallic gold Jumpman badge adorning the upper panel. Carrying on the similarities to the OG pair, 2023's 11 will also feature "23" printed in gold on the heel near the collar.
Moving focus back to the remainder of the Jordan 11 Gratitude's construction, black patent leather, in its true high-cut form wraps around the toebox towards the heel and passes white leather straps that hold the lace set in place. Jordan branding along the center of the tongue sits atop a black nylon stripe with the Jumpman logo also coming in gold, surrounded by the horizontal “Jumpman Jordan” text. Underfoot sits the white Phylon midsole paired with a semi-translucent clear rubber outsole. Another new addition the 2023 Air Jordan 11 Retro Gratitude is the tongue patch. It now reads "Quality Basketball Product Created In Gratitude By The Greatest Player Ever," with "Thank You" written along the sides in the AJ 11 text. This is a nod to his Airness, completing this homage to the Air Jordan 11 Retro DMP.
The Air Jordan 11 Retro Gratitude is set to return on December 9th, 2023 through Nike, SNKRS, and select Jordan Brand retailers online and in-store. Releasing in full-family sizing, the retail price for men's pairs is set at $230. The $230 price tag for the upcoming Jordan 11 Gratitude is only $65 shy of what the original Jordan 11/Jordan 6 Defining Moments Pack from 2006 that consisted of two shoes in special packaging. Keep it locked to our Twitter and the Sole Retriever mobile app to stay updated on all of the Holiday 2023 releases.
Differences Between the 2006 and 2023 Air Jordan 11 Retro "Gratitude"
- LEATHER UPPER - The Cordura mesh seen on the 2006 pair has been replaced by premium tumbled leather in the 2023 release
- PATENT LEATHER - The 2006 pair featured a lower cut of patent leather. On the 2023 version, the cut will be thicker, truer to the original Air Jordan 11
- TONGUE PATCH - The inside tongue patch on the original AJ 11 DMP features "Quality Basketball Products Inspired By The Greatest Player Ever." The 2023 version features "Quality Basketball Product Created In Gratitude By The Greatest Player Ever," with "Thank You" written down the sides
- OUTSOLE - A full translucent outsole rounded out the design of the original Air Jordan 11 Retro DMP from 2006. For 2023, the Air Jordan 11 Retro Gratitude will feature a translucent gum outsole
- SIZING - While the Air Jordan 11 Retro DMP from 2006 was limited to men's sizing, the 2023 release comes in full-family sizing, from men down to infant
Jordan 11 DMP Pack Vs Jordan 11 Gratitude Price (2023)
Shop the latest Nike sneakers
Free shipping and returns for members.
Images via Nike
Images via Yankee Kicks
Images via Size?
Images via JD Sports UK
Images via ad__sneaks
Images via koala_hsh
Images via knowing_kicks
Images via sneakerjamz
Images via kicksdong
Image via Fuel Kicks
Image via xcsnkr
Image via Stadium Goods
Image via StockX
December 9, 2023
January 28, 2006